We invite those who are interested in deepening their spiritual practice, and/or in taking a personal retreat, to apply to join our 2 weeks to 3 months Guest Residency Program. We are able to accommodate a limited number of guest residents. This is an ongoing program which can be joined any day of the month once a person is approved. Please be aware that as the seasons and circumstances change there may be updates to our policies.
Guest Residency Policy
While staying for up to 4 weeks (28 days), Short Term Guest Residents can be approved on request to stay for an additional 2 months as Guest Residents. To apply to stay longer than an additional 2 months, a letter to Management is required expressing the person’s commitment to the aims and purposes of the Yoga Society of New York. This will include participation in the Ashram’s meditation programs, yoga, Sanskrit or other regular offerings.
• Guest Residency Policy applies for up to 1 year.
• Note that proof of vaccination is required. Masks are now optional both outdoors and indoors. Updated policies will be communicated.
Participants enjoy the use of our facilities, including our seasonal outdoor swimming pool, plus:
- Daily morning and evening Fire Ceremony and Meditation Programs with Sanskrit chanting and selected readings. (Many of our morning programs can also be viewed online via Facebook at "Ananda Ashram Live.")
- Yoga classes are offered daily, which can be practiced at our Yoga studio or in your room. See schedule at anandaashramyoga.org.
- Open Sanskrit language classes, including study of the alphabet, mantras and more, offered most days after the morning program.
- Special classes and events scheduled from time to time.
Lunch is served Mon. thru Thurs. from 1:00 to 2:00 pm and Fri., Sat. & Sun. from 12:30 to 1:30 pm.
Dinner is served Fri. & Sat. from 5:30 to 6:30 pm.
Breakfast is served Sat. & Sun. from 8:00 to 9:30 am. On other days, self-serve continental breakfast is available.
Inquire at the office regarding our overnight guest rates. Call 845-782-5575.
Find out more about our screening procedures and vaccination requirements. You may also need to sign appropriate forms.
If you are interested in the program, please call the office at 845-782-5575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.