* Yoga of 12-Step Recovery (Y12SR) Leadership Training with Dana Walters
Fri 7:00-9:30 PM
Sat 10:00 AM-5:00 PM
Sun 10:00 AM-4:00 PM
Tuition: $375 / $350 if registered before Feb 28, 2019
This training is designed for yoga teachers wanting to work with the recovery population. It is also found to be extremely helpful for therapists, counselors, social workers, probation officers and others with a desire to understand how the ancient philosophies and practices of yoga align with the 12-step program of recovery.
After participating in the Leadership Training, you will be able to:
• Create a safe space that welcomes all those dealing with their own addictive behavior or are affected by the addictive behavior of others.
• Understand the 12-step process of recovery.
• Use Yoga and its practices to provide relapse prevention tools and sustainable ways for managing internal states.
• Take advantage of teachable moments, help resolve ambivalence and work with those who are struggling emotionally.
• Use social learning theory to model new behavior through observational learning.
• Recognize the traps of projection, transference, countertransference, boundary violation, spiritual bypass, arrogance.
• Work collaboratively within the group setting and with institutions.
Note: To become a certified Y12SR Leader, you must complete both the Y12SR Leadership Training and Y12SR Intensive. The Intensive is available online and should be taken prior to the Leadership Training.
For more information visit the Y12SR website or call 317.691.3270.
Call the Ananda Ashram office to register. Please see Workshop Registration page.